The Alabama Workforce Training Center is please to offer Construction Trades Training to Alabama Citizens at NO COST. This training covers carpentry, welding, masonry, and electrical training. This is a 6-week program and students must commit to the entire length of training. Classes will be given at the AWTC, 3500 6th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35222
Registrants must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizen or proof of legal residency (2 forms of identification). Must have a Social Security Number and a government issued picture ID.
- Must adhere to attendance and punctuality standards
- Pass substance abuse screening
- Minimum age of 19
- Must be motivated
- Have a good attitude
- Must be willing to travel
- Follow ALL Safety rules
- Must be organized
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Good work ethic
Individuals must register for orientation to attend this training. Please call 205-719-3220 to reserve your space.
Job Placement assistance is available.